We are always on the lookout for like-minded people to join our team, or collaborate on projects. If you have an interest in legal regulatory compliance or an idea for an associated project, please contact us to explore a mutually beneficial associate relationship.
We are particularly interested to hear from individuals with experience in the BSB regulatory regime.
We also welcome interest from anyone who is just starting out or still developing their legal path who has a particular interest in legal regulatory compliance. If we can help fan the flames of this interest on a flexible consultancy basis or as part of work experience – qualifying or otherwise, we will do what we can to accommodate this.
Please email us at email@example.com and introduce yourself.
Legal Compliance Consultant – £20-35k Per Annum
Several exciting new opportunities are available for Compliance Consultants to join the Beyond Compliance team.
We are looking to recruit at least one experienced individual as well as an individual who aspires to develop into this role – who will be given full training.
These are broad and varied roles, offering great opportunities for individuals with a background or interest in legal regulatory compliance.
We are pleased to promote these roles as fully remote – with full resources, support and training.
- The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate some knowledge of the SRA and/or BSB regulatory rules and regime, possibly with a background in AML, CDD or GDPR who is looking to expand their knowledge and skills; or
- A junior risk and compliance officer or administrator with some experience and knowledge of the legal sector, who is looking to develop their career further.
- Applicants for this role need to be able to demonstrate a genuine desire for a career in legal and regulatory compliance rather than seeing this as a stop gap to a fee earning role in law.
- Whilst we do not expect such candidates to have all of the skills highlighted below, we expect them to be able to demonstrate the capacity and motivation to develop the skills using their own initiative at times.
- Full support and funding will be available for the right candidate to further their career though whether through the CILEx, apprenticeship or Solicitor’s Qualifying Exam routes.
The main purpose of the roles is to provide assistance to our clients and team of consultants, supporting an outstanding service as well as ensuring the continuation of smooth project delivery. The roles offer involvement in a wide range of compliance initiatives across a variety of legal businesses; providing an exciting and variable work schedule.
Skills and experience required for the position
- Ability to review and assess policies, processes and other documentation against established criteria and make recommendations which fit into a client’s current style and environment.
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to apply it to both analysis and communication.
- Experience with analysing information from multiple sources such as survey data and reports, with the ability to identify trends, draw comparisons and highlight issues and present recommendations.
- A high level of data literacy, including the ability to read, write and clearly communicate data as information.
- Confidence in creating reports and presenting data back in a clear and concise format for both clients and internal company data.
- Ability to represent the outputs of analysis through written reports, graphs or tables.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, with confidence communicating with senior level people and clients by email and telephone.
- Initiative and self-motivation, coupled with an inquisitive mind and a love of learning.
- Ability to work on your own as well as under your own steam will be important in this role. The role has high expectations and a high level of trust will be afforded.
- Experience with or the skills to deliver training and/or coaching to both large and small groups would be an advantage.
- A strong team player
- Reliable and focused
- An analytical and inquisitive mind
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- A professional and personable manner
- Eagerness to learn new skills and develop existing ones
- A sense of both humour and humility!
Given that remote/home working will be expected with this role and there will be a large element of confidential information, candidates will need to ensure that they have access to a demonstrably suitable confidential work environment and good internet access.
As to education, most important to us is the abilities you have rather than the format in which they were gained and as such, there are no minimum educational requirements. Naturally though, a knowledge and experience of law or compliance is expected for the experienced role and a strong interest and desire for such in the training role.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion is a big deal to us and our clients, so we are excited to receive applications from a diverse group of candidates with interesting backgrounds. We are an accessible employer willing to make any reasonable adjustments necessary both at interview and employment stage, to support the right candidate. Please let us know about any reasonable adjustments you might need or anything else which would make the process smoother for you.
If you think you would be a good fit, we would love to hear from you, so please send your up-to-date CV with covering letter explaining why you feel you would be suitable for one of these positions to firstname.lastname@example.org
If after reviewing your CV, we see potential for you becoming part of the team, you will be invited to a first round of introductory interviews along with a short competency skills quiz. The full recruitment process will also include a skills and competency assessment and a second interview with individual presentations.